Welcome to Chen-Yu Tsai's Homepage
Hi, my name is Chen-Yu Tsai (Mandarin: 蔡鎮宇, pronounciation: IPA /t͡saɪ ʈʂən y/),
but most people just call me "wens" (my screen name).
I am currently employed as a software engineer at CloudMosa, Inc..
2011/11 - present
CloudMosa, inc., Taipei, Taiwan.
Designed, developed, and deployed efficient server deployment system based on
Debian's Advanced Packaging Tool (APT).
Developed Gaia, a web-based server administration automation system.
Installs new servers at the touch of a button. Also provides console
access over IPMI SOL, and power control.
This forms the foundation for physical server administration in our datacenters.
Designed and prototyped application specific load balancer.
The final version is based on HAProxy,
which started supporting application layer matching and dispatching in v1.5.x.
Developed NetScan, an SNMP-based network topology scanner with a web interface.
This tool aids in diagnosing and verifying physical network connections.
Contributed to Munin, a networked resource monitoring tool.
Work was done to improve the FastCGI HTML backend during the 2.1 cycle. This backend has since been removed
in favor of a completely self contained web server.
Minor contributions to Chromium towards cross-compilation from x86 to ARM and V4L2 support on desktop Linux.
2004/11 - present
- See the "Projects" section below
2008/08 - 2010/08
Communications & Multimedia Lab,
CSIE Department, NTU.
- Maintain network and server infrastructure used by our research lab.
2005/08 - 2010/08
CSIE Department, NTU.
- Maintain core network services in our department, as well as workstations used by all our personnel.
- Lead on server architectural changes.
- Participated in network and server room overhauls, including both planning and construction phases.
2005/08 - 2010/07
FTP/News System Administrator,
Computer Center, National Taiwan University.
- Planned and deployed FTP mirror site of many open source projects.
- Developed web-based file search interface with incremental update of database.
2008/03 - 2009/09
- Developed automated build system and other software components/glue for Linux-based forensics live CD product based on open source software.
2006/05 - 2010/10
Part-time Systems Engineer,
Pixnet Digital Media Corp.,
- Early deployment of reverse proxies
- Developed crawlers for various blog and photo album sites
- Created bandwidth metering system for datacenter sub-leasing
2006/09 - 2008/01
Part-time Systems Engineer/Consultant,
QIC Systems Corp. (defunct),
- Ported old code base (RedHat 8) to up-to-date Debian system
- SpamAssassin tuning and bug hunting
Civil Infrastructure Platform (CIP) Kernel Maintainer
2019/10 - present
- Track stable kernel patches for ones that were sent but not applied.
- Collect and process information on new CVEs for the Linux kernel.
For each new CVE, a decision on whether action is required for CIP
members is made, based on the nature of the CVE, kernel versions
impacted, and whether the impacted part of the kernel is used by
CIP members. If action is required, the information is passed on
to other team members.
2013/10 - present
- Linux-sunxi is a community for Linux support on Allwinner ARM SoCs (sunxi)
- Co-maintainer for mainline Linux Allwinner sunXi SoC support
- Maintainer for X-Powers AXP series PMICs (excluding AXP288)
- Contributed support for various Allwinner SoCs into mainline Linux and U-boot
批踢踢 Ptt BBS
2004/11 - present
- Ptt is one of Taiwan's most popular BBS(definition).
- Volunteer maintaining hardware/software systems for Ptt BBS, the largest BBS in Taiwan.
- Developed back-end services to update the old architecture. This work has mostly been superceded.
- For additional information about the program, please visit our GitHub repository.
2002/09 - 2004/08
- Ported old system (WD BBS) to new code base (Maple3-itoc)
- E-mail: wens __AT__ csie.org
Mail me and I'll reply as soon as possible.